Labels

40K (26) Abyssal Dwarf (2) accessories (4) Adeptus Arbites (4) Age of Sigmar (2) Angron (2) Anime (3) Antenocitis Workshop (1) AoS (2) ArmorCast (3) Army (4) Army Painter (6) Astra Militaria (23) Atenocity (1) banner (4) base coat (15) base color (8) bases (31) Battlefoam (1) Beasts (2) big lobbas (1) Black Scorpion (1) Black Templar (1) Blood Rain (15) Board Games (2) Bones (13) Bretonnian (1) Campaign (19) carapace (1) Carnevale (8) chaos (25) Chaos Dwarf (1) chaos gate (3) Chaos Space Marines (17) Citadel (1) claw (1) Clawed Fiends (1) clear resin (1) Contagion (12) conversion (3) Counts as (23) Craftworld Eldar (2) Custome Counters (2) Customeeple (1) Daemon Prince (2) Daemonettes (1) Daemons (5) Dark Angels (4) Dark Eldar (39) Dark Elf (5) Darkness & Light (3) Darksword (2) Deadzone (1) Death Guard (7) Deepcut Studios (3) Dorothy (2) dragon (2) Dreadnought (5) Dreadtober (5) Dryad (1) Dwarf (5) epicast (1) Evangelion (3) eyes (2) Fantasy Battles (14) Fight Like a Girl (1) Finecast (4) Flames of War (4) Fluff (10) forge world (42) fortress (8) fortress name (2) Frostgrave (1) Game Mats (3) game room (1) Games Workshop (3) gamesday 2011 (1) gargantuan squiggoth (7) Geekfest 2010 (1) Geekfest 2011 (4) ghouls (1) gobsmasha (1) golden demon (1) Greasus Goldtooth (2) greenstuff (8) Grotesques (3) Guest Painter (3) gunwagon (1) GW (1) GW Technical Paint (9) Halo Fleet Battles (1) Harlequin (1) Heresy Suppression Force (9) highlight (2) Imperial Guard (22) Infinity (1) Inquisition (3) Iron Empire (17) Iron Halo (1) Jailbirds (29) JR Miniatures (1) juggernaut (10) khorne (1) Kickstarter (15) Kings of War (5) Kromlech (3) KST (4) Kurganova (3) Land Raider (1) Large Scale (4) legacy models (2) lighting (6) lust elves (1) made for Infinity (1) Malice (1) Malifaux (12) Mantic (8) mawloc (1) max mini (2) MDF (1) mecha (3) Mechanicum (1) Mercenary Grots (1) Mordheim (19) Movement Trays (1) moving (6) Mystery (4) names of things (13) narratives (21) Necrons (3) Nose Art (1) Nurgle (16) objective markers (2) Obliterators (2) Ogre Kingdoms (6) ork (23) P3 (1) Plastic (1) Pre-Heresy (2) Primarch (2) Primer (5) Privateer Press (1) Project Thunderhawk (28) Proxies (5) ptimer (1) Rackham (2) Raging Heroes (81) Ravager (1) razorwing (1) Reaper (21) red (24) repair (6) resin (15) Resurrectionist (2) Retinue (1) ripper swarm (6) ripperswarm (1) RPG (15) runtbot (7) Sacred Heart (1) scatter (1) Sci-Fi Space Battles (1) Scibor (2) Secret Weapon (54) Serene Dawn (8) Silver Compass Designs (1) Sisters of Battle (13) Sisters of Eternal Mercy (2) Sisters of Sigmar (3) Skaven (4) Skin (1) Slaanesh (1) Spartan Games (1) Sslyth (1) Steampunk (1) Stone Crusher (3) Strigoi (1) studio (1) Studio Miniatures (1) Studio Swelter (4) SUPERCaT (1) Tabletop Art (2) Tabletop World (29) tank pit (1) Tantalus (6) Terminator (2) terrain (27) TGG (10) TGG2 (3) Theme (27) thunderhawk (3) tools (1) Toughest Girls in the Galaxy (7) Toughest Girls of the Galaxy (5) Toughest Girls of the Galaxy 2 (4) trukk (3) tutorial (2) tyranid (12) UAF (1) Ubiquitous Rat (1) unboxing (4) Undead (2) undercoats (4) Unwritten (5) Vallejo (2) Vampire Counts (4) Vampire Hunter (1) Vampiric Flesh (1) varnish (2) Vatican (3) vehicle (11) Venom (3) Video (1) Void Elf (1) Void Elves (1) War Machine (1) Warchimera (3) Warhammer (3) Warpath (1) wash (28) water effects (16) weathering (43) weathering powder (8) WH40K (6) WHFB (5) WiP (12) Witch Hunters (5) wood (1) Wood Elf (1) World Eaters (2) Wracks (1) wraiths (1) Wyrd (4) Zoggit (1) zombies (1)

Saturday, September 25, 2010

A Runtbot, a cockpit, and lots of green primer.

 Today I started laying out the display base for the Ork Runtbot.  So far I have the wooden core and the vague idea that the Runtbot is standing on a scrapheap.  Tomorrow I'll base coat the core and dry fit the major components.  The major fitting aim is to create a socket for the game base to sink into that disguises the removable game base... at least from the front.  I'd like this to look like its permanently mounted to the base but still be easily removable. 

Project Thunderhawk saw a lot of progress.  Several sub assemblies got a primer coat of green and more interior spaces got the flat black treatment.  The heavy bolter forward mountings were assembled and had some minor sculpting adjustments.  Mostly to continue the power cables which basically were just hanging out there.


The major work of the day was looking into a cockpit solution.  I discovered that the nose of the Thunderhawk can accommodate the lower chassis and cockpit of a Landspeeder.  The great thing about including the entire floorboard of the Landspeeder is that the cockpit assembly becomes enclosed and there is ample space on the floorboard to secure a LED mounting.  This should allow me to aim the LED very precisely.  At the moment I'm aiming for a blue illumination under the control panels.  If that doesn't go as well as imagined I may do a few fiber optic strands to more directly illuminate sections of the panel. 

Tomorrow, in addition to working on the Runtbot base I'll start painting the cockpit, drill the LED mounting hole, and look for an actual windscreen to replace the metal one that has been removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment